Data Control Tower has the following two types of users:
- Data Control Tower Admin Users: Data Control Tower Admin users can view and control all features within Data Control Tower. This user type has a full view of all metadata and infrastructure connected to Data Control Tower. There must be at least one of these per tenant.
- Standard Users: Data Control Tower standard users can only view and control features that are related to engines on which they have an account. For a standard user to see any data (dSources or virtual databases) or have access to engines in Data Control Tower, there must be a user on one or more engines with the same email address. For example, if there is a Data Control Tower standard user with the email address of “email@example.com” then there must be a user with the same email address on one or more engines. If the user (with a defined email address) has access to data on one or more engines, they will see that data in Data Control Tower. If they do not have access to data on any engines, they will still have the ability to connect to the engines on which they have accounts, but not have control over any data.
The following table summarizes the features the two users can access:
|Features||Standard User||Admin User|
|Users and Permissions|
*You must have a Delphix Engine registered that contains a local user account that matches your user account in Data Control Tower (matching is done with an email address).
Granting Data Control Tower Admin Permissions
Every new Data Control Tower user begins as a Standard user. Admin users can grant standard users admin permissions by navigating to Users in the Users & Groups tab.
To grant Data Control Tower Admin permission to Standard users:
- Login to Data Control Tower as a Data Control Tower Admin User.
- Click the Users & Permissions tab.
- On the Users page, select a user and click on (...) as shown below.
- Click Grant Admin.
- In the Grant Admin dialog, click Grant to provide administrator access to the user profile.
- A successful message is displayed and click OK. In the Users page, the Role column now shows DCT Admin User for the user you granted admin access.
- Any DCT Admin may revoke the Admin access for another DCT Admin, by selecting Revoke Admin from the (…) menu.