Data masking is a technique used to secure your nonproduction environments (such as Development and QA environments) by replacing sensitive data with fictitious but realistic data, eliminating the risk of exposing your sensitive data to unauthorized parties. The Delphix Agile Data Masking unique approach to data masking breaks the association between unique identifying information (for example, social security numbers) and personally identifiable data (for example, name and address). Delphix Agile Data Masking, using an Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) process, reads data from a source, transforms the data in memory, and loads data to the target. Delphix Agile Data Masking processes for protecting sensitive data are measurable, documented, and repeatable, providing clearly auditable results.
Delphix Agile Data Masking is a multi-user web application that provides a complete, secure, and scalable solution for your data masking needs, while meeting enterprise-class infrastructure requirements. There are several advantages to using the Delphix Agile Data Masking solution to mask your data:
- Risk reduction—By creating masked data that is suitable for a large number of business activities, potential sources for breaches are greatly reduced.
- Automated identification of sensitive data—By identifying the location of sensitive data automatically across databases, copybooks, and files, the time-consuming work associated with a data masking project is reduced significantly, thereby reducing time and costs as well.
- Automated creation and masking of sensitive data—By quickly and consistently creating masked data automatically, no programming is required. This also results in significant time savings. With Delphix Agile Data Masking, you create XML that is automatically imported into your Informatica Client (via the PMCMD interface), no programming is required.
- Maintain referential integrity—Repeatable algorithms automatically maintain referential integrity in Delphix Agile Data Masking, not only within a database but across databases and platforms.
- Leverage investment in Informatica—Delphix Agile Data Masking can automatically create mappings in Informatica based on the Sensitive Data inventory. This allows you to use the powerful Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) engine in Informatica PowerCenter, within your existing infrastructure, without needing to code and maintain hundreds or thousands of Informatica jobs. Another major advantage of Delphix Agile Data Masking is that you can use the masking algorithms deployed as mapplets, use mapplets provided by Informatica, or write your own mapplets to use with Delphix Agile Data Masking.
- Enabled data sharing—By sharing masked data safely and easily, relationships with partners, third parties, and outside vendors are improved.
- Lower costs—By automating the entire masking process and securing only essential data (thereby reducing how much data to secure), and provisioning only the data you need, costs to secure sensitive data are greatly reduced.