Supported Versions of Windows OS
Delphix supports only 64-bit versions of Windows on target hosts and validated-sync-target hosts.
Target hosts and validated-sync-target hosts running Windows Server 2003 SP2 or 2003 R2 must install the hotfix documented in KB 943043.
Supported Versions of SQL Server
SQL Server Version
|SQL Server 2005 (9.0)||Delphix 3.x|
|SQL Server 2008 (10.0)||Delphix 3.x|
|SQL Server 2008 R2 (10.5)||Delphix 3.x|
|SQL Server 2012 (11.0)||Delphix 3.1.2 and beyond|
|SQL Server 2014 (12.0)||Delphix 4.1.3 and beyond|
Supported SQL Server Backup Software
The Delphix Engine interacts with source database backups in the following ways:
- When linking a new source database, the Delphix Engine can use an existing full backup to load the source database data
- When performing a sync of an existing dSource, the Delphix Engine can use an existing full backup
- After the dSource is created, the Delphix Engine picks up any new backups that are taken on the source database and applies them to the copy of the source database on the Delphix Engine. This includes:
- Transaction log backups for databases in Full or Bulk-Logged recovery models
- Differential and full backups for databases in Simple recovery model
Delphix currently supports the following backup software for source database backups:
- SQL Server native backups
- Quest/NetVault LiteSpeed
- If the source database is backed up with LiteSpeed, the source and the staging environments must have LiteSpeed installed on them. The version of LiteSpeed on the staging environment must be the same or higher than that on the source. Delphix currently supports LiteSpeed v220.127.116.11 and onwards.
- Red Gate SQL Backup Pro
- If the source database is backed up with SQL Backup Pro, the source and the staging environments must have SQL Backup Pro installed on them. The version of SQL Backup Pro on the staging environment must be the same as that on the source. Delphix currently supports SQL Backup Pro v7.3 and onwards.
Delphix does not support encrypted backups.