This topic describes how to detach dSources and re-attach them to a different source database.
Each dSource contains an association with the source database, as well as the data it has pulled from the source database up to that point. It is possible to detach, or unlink, a dSource from its source database. This breaks the association with the source database without affecting the data within the Delphix Engine. Detached dSources and their source databases have these properties:
- You can use detached dSources as the source of virtual database (VDB) provisioning operations.
- You can re-link the source database as a different dSource.
Detaching a dSource
- Login to the Delphix Admin application as a user with OWNER privileges on the dSource, group, or domain.
- Click Manage.
- Select My Databases.
- Select the database you want to unlink or delete.
- Click the Unlink icon.
A warning message will appear.
- Click Yes to confirm.
Attaching a dSource
Rebuilding Source Databases and Using VDBs
In situations where you want to rebuild a source database, you will need to detach the original dSource and create a new one from the rebuilt data source. However, you can still provision VDBs from the detached dSource.
- Detach the dSource as described above.
- Rename the detached dSource by clicking the Edit icon in the upper left-hand corner of the dSource card, next to its name.
This is necessary only if you intend give the new dSource the same name as the original one. Otherwise, you will see an error message.
- Create the new dSource from the rebuilt database.
You will now be able to provision VDBs from both the detached dSource and the newly created one, but the detached dSource will only represent the state of the source database prior to being detached.
The attach operation is currently only supported from the command line interface (CLI). Full GUI support will be added in a future release. Only databases that represent the same physical database can be re-attached
- Login to the Delphix CLI as a user with OWNER privileges on the dSource, group, or domain.
- Select the dSource by name using
database select <dSource>.
- Run the
- Set the source config to which you want to attach using
set source.config=<newSource>. Source configs are named by their database unique name.
Set any other source configuration operations as you would for a normal link operation.
- Run the