This topic describes how to install the Delphix Engine from the OVA file.
Read the requirement and support information in the Installation and Initial Configuration Requirements topics.
Procedure to install an OVA
Use the Delphix-supplied OVA file to install the Delphix Engine. The OVA file is configured with many of the minimum system requirements and deploys to one 150 GB hard disk with 8 vCPUs and 64GB RAM. The underlying storage for the install is assumed to be redundant SAN storage.
- Download the OVA file from the Delphix download site or obtain it from your Delphix solutions architect.
- Login using the vSphere client to the vSphere server (or vCenter Server) where you want to install the Delphix Engine.
- In the vSphere Client, select File > Deploy OVA Template.
- Browse to the OVA file.
- Click Next.
- Select a hostname for the Delphix Engine.
This hostname will also be used in configuring the Delphix Engine network.
- Select the data center where the Delphix Engine will be located.
- Select the Cluster and the ESX host.
- Select a data store that has at least 166 GB free space. This will need to be larger if you plan to increase the size of memory on the VM from 16GB.
- Select a disk format.
Thick provisioning is the recommended default configuration. In vSphere 5.0, choose Eager Zeroed.
- Select the virtual network you want to use.
If using multiple physical NICs for link aggregation, you must use vSphere NIC teaming. Do not add multiple virtual NICs to the Delphix Engine itself. The Delphix Engine should use a single virtual network. For more information, see Optimal Network Configuration Parameters for the Delphix Engine.
- Click Finish.
The installation will begin and the Delphix Engine will be created in the location you specified.
Procedure to install an AMI
Use the Delphix-supplied AMI file to install the Delphix Engine.
- On the Delphix download site, click the AMI you would like to share and accept the Delphix License agreement. Alternatively, follow a link given by your Delphix solutions architect.
- On the Amazon Web Services Account Details form presented:
- Enter your AWS Account Identifier, which can be found here: https://console.aws.amazon.com/billing/home?#/account. If you want to use the GovCloud AWS Region, be sure to enter the ID for the AWS Account which has GovCloud enabled.
- Select which AWS Region you would like the AMI to be shared in. If you would like the AMI shared in a different region, contact your Delphix account representative to make the proper arrangements.
- Click Share.
The Delphix Engine will appear in your list of AMIs in AWS momentarily.
- Reference the Installation and Configuration Requirements for AWS/EC2 when deploying the AMI.
After installing the server, follow the procedures in these topics to specify and customize the Delphix Engine network and to make modifications to the memory size, number of CPUs, and number of disks used for storage.