This user guide only gives an overview of the Delphix settings. For more detailed information, see the Delphix Administrator's Guide.
Click the Settings tab at the top of the screen to view or change Delphix settings.
There are several areas to which settings are applied:
The main methods used by Delphix algorithms are secure lookup and segmented mapping. Delphix also includes some algorithms for specific types of data, such as phone numbers and dates. These standard Delphix algorithms are available if you select Delphix as the generator.
From the Settings tab, if you click Algorithm to the left, the list of algorithms will be displayed.
Types of Algorithms
- Secure Lookup Algorithm – Uses a lookup file to assign masked values in a consistent manner. The design of the algorithm introduces intentional collisions
- Segmented Mapping Algorithm – Replaces data values based on segment definitions. For example, an ACCOUNT NUMBER algorithm might keep the first segment of an account number but replace the remainder or remaining segments with a random number.
- Mapping Algorithm: – Sequentially maps original data values to masked values that are pre-populated to a lookup table through the Delphix user interface
- Binary Lookup Algorithm – Much like the Secure Lookup Algorithm, but used when entire files are stored in a specific column
- Tokenization Algorithm – Replaces the data value with an algorithmically generated token that can be reversed. These are only used when you create a tokenization environment.
- Min/Max Algorithm: This algorithm allows you to make sure all the values in the database are within a specified range. They prevent unique identification of individuals by characteristics that are outside the normal range, such as age over 99.
- Data Cleansing Algorithm – If the target data needs to be put in a standard format prior to masking, you can use this algorithm. For example, Ariz, Az, Arizona can all be cleansed to AZ.
- Free Text Redaction Algorithm – This algorithms masks or redacts free text columns of files. It uses either a Whitelist or Blacklist to determine what words are masked or not masked. This algorithm may require additional configuration to work in the manner you desire.
These Delphix Algorithm Frameworks give you the ability to quickly and easily define the algorithms you want, directly on the Settings tab. Then, you can immediately propagate them. Anyone in your organization who has Delphix can then access the info.
Domains specify certain data to be masked with a certain algorithm.
From the Settings tab, if you click Domains to the left, the list of domains will be displayed. From here, you can add, edit, or delete domains. You can set a domain's algorithm here; to change a domain's selection expressions or to group domains into sets, continue to the next section.
The profiler is used to group domains into Profile Sets (aka Profiles) and assign expressions to domains. Profile Sets can be used in Profiling Jobs.
From the Settings tab, if you click Profiler to the left, a list of expressions will be displayed. From here, you can work with:
- Expressions – Expressions are used to specify what data is sensitive. This can be done at either the column or data level. Each expression is assigned to a domain, and domains can be grouped into profile sets. You can add, edit, or delete expressions from the Profiler Settings page.
- Profile Sets (Profiles) – A profile set is a group of domains. Said another way, it is a group of certain data to be masked in certain ways. You can add, edit, or delete profiles by clicking + Profiler Set at the top of the Profiler Settings page.
From the Settings tab, if you click Mapping to the left, the list of mappings will be displayed. From here you can add, edit, or delete mappings.
File formats are a way of organizing the types of files to be masked. Before a file can be masked, it needs to have a file format assigned to it. From the Settings tab, if you click File Format to the left, the list of file formats will be displayed. From here, you can add or delete file formats.
To assign a file format:
- In the Rule Set screen, select a rule set.
- Click the green edit icon to the right of a file.
The Delphix Engine typically executes jobs on a local instance. Remote servers are for executing jobs elsewhere.
From the Settings tab, if you click Remote Server to the left, the list of remote servers will be displayed. From here, you can add, edit, or delete remote servers.