Deleting a VDB is an unrecoverable operation. Proceed only if you want to permanently destroy the unique data that was created in the VDB.
- Login to the Delphix Admin application using Delphix Admin credentials.
- Click Manage.
- Select My Datasets.
- Click the VDB that you want to delete.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- In the upper right-hand corner, click the delete icon.
- If stopping or starting the VDB requires particular credentials for the target environment other than those of the default environment user:
- Check Provide Privileged Credentials.
- Enter the username and password.
- Click Validate Credentials.
- If you are instructed to force a deletion for some reason (normally from Delphix Support), click Force Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm that you want to delete the VDB.
If the VDB was currently active, the Delphix Engine will shut it down, unmount all filesystems from the target environment, and finally delete the VDB itself.