The process for provisioning from replicated objects is the same as the typical VDB provisioning process, except that first you need to select the replica namespace containing the replicated object.
- You must have a dSource or VDB that has been replicated from one Delphix virtualization engine to another, as described in Replication Overview.
- The Delphix virtualization engine containing the replicated dSource or VDB must have a compatible target environment that it can use to provision a VDB from the replicated dSource or VDB.
- On the Delphix virtualization engine containing the replicated dSource or VDB, login to the Delphix Admin application using delphix_admin credentials or another account with admin privileges.
- In the top menu bar, click Manage.
- Select My Datasets.
- At the top of the left-hand navigation bar, click the drop-down list to the right of the word Datasets. The default value in the drop-down list should be default for the default namespace of data objects that were originally created within the current Delphix virtualization engine.
- From the list of replica namespaces, select the replica namespace that contains the dSource or VDB from which you want to provision.
- The provisioning process is now identical to the process for provisioning standard objects. For more details, refer to Provisioning an Oracle VDB.
Once the provisioning job has started, the user interface will automatically display the new VDB in the live system.