Occasionally there is a need to edit the instance name of a RAC virtual database (VDB) after provisioning. The ability alter instance names via the Delphix GUI is possible in version 5.0 and later releases of the Delphix Engine.
- Select the VDB to Edit.
- From the right side pane select the Configuration tab.
- Disable the VDB using the slider on the top right.
- Click on the pencil icon next to 'Source Instances' to be able to edit your instance names.
- Click on the name of the instance you want to alter and edit it to suit.
- Complete editing and then confirm using the tick icon.
- Enable the VDB using the slider on the top right of the Configuration tab.
Additional InformationDisabling a VDB will result in the VDB Instances being shutdown and the NFS mounts for that VDB presented from Delphix being dismounted