This topic describes how to migrate a Virtual Database (VDB) from one target environment to another.
There may be situations in which you want to migrate a virtual database to a new target environment, for example when upgrading the host on which the VDB resides, or as part of a general data center migration. This is easily accomplished by first disabling the database, then using the Migrate VDB feature to select a new target environment.
- You should have already set up a new target environment that is compatible with the VDB that you want to migrate.
- A VDB from a Single Instance of Oracle cannot be migrated onto a RAC environment, the additional reconfiguration needed when converting a single instance to RAC is only performed during a VDB provision. Provision a new VDB instead.
- Login to your Delphix Engine using Delphix Admin credentials.
- Click Manage.
- Select My Datasets.
- Select the VDB you want to migrate.
- Select the Configuration tab.
- Slide the Enable/Disable control to Disabled.
Click Yes to confirm.
When the VDB is disabled, its icon will turn grey.
In the upper right-hand corner of the tab, click the VDB Migrate icon.
Select the new target environment for the VDB, the user for that environment, and the database installation where the VDB will reside.
- Click the Check mark to confirm your selections.
- Slide the Enable/Disable control to Enabled.
- Click Yes to confirm.
Within a few minutes, your VDB will re-start in the new environment, and you can continue to work with it as you would any other VDB.