Create a New Masking Job
Now that you have identified and prepared your data for masking, you can create a new masking job and confirm it.
- Select Mask.
The Create Masking Job window appears.
- Choose appropriate rule settings. You will be prompted for the following information:
- Job Name — A free-form name for the job you are creating. Must be unique across the entire application.
- Masking Method — Select In-Place.
Multi Tenant — Check this box to allow this job to be used with multiple databases.
Provision Masked VDBs
A job must be Multi Tenant to use it when creating a masked virtual database (VDB).
- Rule Set — Select a rule set against which this job will execute.
- When you are finished, click Save.
Run a New Masking Job
- Under Action, click Run to run the masking job.
- Click the job to view the progress of the masking job.
Validate a New Masking Job
If you want to validate the masking job, compare the VDB you have masked to another copy of the data, such as another VDB. Check the results of the masking job by using a SQL tool such as SQL Developer to check that the fields were masked.
You can use the Certify button to create a masking certification job that will check for ‘polluted’ columns – for example, columns that contain a value that is not in the secure lookup table. You can also use sqlplus on the target VDB machine to check the masked fields.