Masking Engine has a built-in Administrator role, which grants complete access to Masking Engine functions. This is similar to a superuser role. The administrator can access, update, and delete all environments, and all objects within those environments. The administrator can also add roles to the Roles Settings. The following are some sample roles and associated tasks:
- Analyst role — Can profile data and update inventories (but not create environments or connections)
- Developer role — Can create masking jobs and view reports
- Operator role — Can execute jobs (but cannot update inventories)
- Application owner role — Can define connections
- Each username can only have one role assigned to it.
Roles Settings Tab
The Roles tab displays the roles that you have created. (If you have not created any roles, the list will be empty.) If you do not have the appropriate privileges, the Roles tab will not appear. When you click a role name or Add Roles, a screen similar to the following appears:
To add a role:
Near the top of the Roles tab, click Add Roles.
- Enter a Role Name. The far-left column lists the items for which you can set privileges. The types of privileges appear across the top of the table, corresponding to the columns of check boxes:
3. Select the check boxes for the corresponding privileges that you want to apply. If there is no check box, that privilege is not available.
For example, if you want this role to have View, Add, Update, and Run privileges for masking jobs, select the corresponding check boxes in the Masking Job row.
4. When you are finished assigning privileges for this Role, click Submit.
Add Role Window