This topic describes how to set quotas for database objects.
- Log into the Delphix Management application.
- Select Manage > Datasets.
- Select the Configuration tab for the object you want to set a quota for.
- Select the Policies tab and from the Quota tile select Customize this policy.
- In the Quotas column, click next to the group or object for which you want to set a quota.
- In the Quota Policy window enter the amount of storage space you want to allocate for a quota.
- Click Save to set the amount.
Quotas and Low Space Errors
The following is a table of the thresholds and a description of the actions taken at each threshold. This behavior is generic across all engines.
|Critical||Quota ≥ 95%|
|Resume||95% > Quota ≥ 90%|
|Warning||90% > Quota ≥ 80%|
|Safe||80% > Quota|
If a DB was disabled prior to reaching the critical quota, it will not be automatically re-enabled when falling to an acceptable range or when the quota is removed.
Disallowed Database Actions when in Quota Critical Threshold
Here is a table of the actions that are not allowed when the quota is in the critical threshold.
DB Actions Table
Target is Group
Target is not Group
If a critical quota is placed on a target, dSources, and VDBs can still provision to groups that are quota below the critical threshold.