The Source Sizing feature aligns the data source experience with Delphix database standards that will improve your ingestion reporting experience on the per TB pricing model. This feature enables you to calculate the database size based on whether they are ingested at the PostgreSQL cluster level or database level
When a dSource is created using the staging pull method, the following are the ways to get the database size:
You can calculate the size of the whole PostgreSQL cluster if the dSource is ingested at the cluster level. Execute the below SQL command to get the size of the whole PostgreSQL Cluster.
SQL >> SELECT SUM(pg_database_size(pg_database.datname)) AS size FROM pg_database;
- You can calculate the size of the ingested database if the dSource is ingested at the single database level. Execute the below SQL command to get the size of the ingested database.
SQL >> SELECT pg_database_size(pg_database.datname) AS size FROM pg_database WHERE pg_database.datname='<DB_NAME>';
- The source sizing feature is not available for dSources created using the staging push method.
- For this feature to work,
- The plugin must be able to login to the database or else None is displayed.
- While calculating the size of the cluster, the dataset must have a superuser called postgres and should be able to login to the cluster without using password; when logged in, the plugin will connect to the default postgres database.