This topic describes how to provision from a replicated dSource or virtual database (VDB). The process for provisioning from replicated objects is the same as the typical VDB provisioning process, except that first you need to select the replica containing the replicated object.
- You must have replicated a dSource or a VDB to the target host, as described in Replication Overview
- You must have added a compatible target environment on the target host
- Login to the Delphix Management application for the target host.
- Click Manage.
- Select Datasets.
- In the list of replicas, select the replica that contains the dSource or VDB you want to provision.
- The provisioning process is now identical to the process for provisioning standard objects.
Once the provisioning job has started, the user interface will automatically display the new VDB in the live system.