Make sure that your source and target environments meet the requirements.
Procedure to Validate Target Environments
- Verify with your System Administrator that the Delphix Connector has been installed in all Target environments.
- Login to the Windows target host using the Windows user account that the System Administrator configured as a Delphix target user.
- Open Windows Powershell using the Run as Administrator option.
Execute the host checker script by running:
<Delphix Connector installation folder>\etc\dlpx-host-checker.ps1
- Select a path where a report file will be saved, such as C:\temp\delphix-host-checker-report.txt.
- Select the default option of Target Host.
- Read the output of the checks.
- The error or warning messages will explain any possible problems and how to address them. Resolve the issues that the HostChecker describes. Do not be surprised or undo your work if more errors appear the next time you run HostChecker; the error you just fixed may have been masking other problems.
- Repeat steps 4–7 until all the checks return no errors or warnings.
SQL Server Source
SQL Server Target
|Check Powershell Version||X||X|
Verifies that Powershell 2.0 or greater is installed
|Check OS User Privileges||X||X||For target hosts, verifies that the operating system (OS) user has administrative rights. For source hosts, verifies that the OS user can successfully perform remote registry access from the target host to the source host.|
|Check host settings||X||X||Verifies that the Delphix Engine can discover host environment details from the Windows registry.|
|Check SQL Server instance discovery||X||X||Verifies that the Delphix Engine can discover SQL Server instances.|
|Check SQL Server instance login permission||X||X|
For target hosts, verifies that the Windows OS user can be used to log in to the SQL Server instances. For source hosts, verifies that the supplied SQL Server login credentials can be used to log in to the SQL Server instances.
|Check database discovery||X||X||Verifies that the Delphix Engine can discover SQL Server databases.|
Run the following to view additional HostChecker options: