- The primary and secondary system are both installed and configured. You have verified that both are independently up and running.
- The configuration of hosts in the primary and secondary systems must be the same, except they have been installed on different hosts.
- The software version of the secondary has to be equal or newer than the version on the primary in a replication configuration supported by HANA.
- The secondary system must have the same SAP system ID, <SID> and instance number as the primary system.
- The primary replicates all relevant license information to the secondary. An additional license is not required.
- The hostname of the source and staging server should be resolvable by DNS.
- The logshipping_timeout should be adjusted from its default 30 to 120 seconds.
- The host must meet the minimum hardware requirements for HANA as defined by SAP.
Set up system replication on primary as follows:
Start the primary system.
Create an initial data backup or storage snapshot on the primary system.