Each source database and VDB has a connection string defined. If any parameters have changed, you may need to adjust these connection strings.
- Verify that a listener is running on the source or target environment you are investigating.
- Login to the Delphix engine as delphix_admin or another user with administrative privileges.
- Click Manage.
- Select Environments.
- Click the environment which you are troubleshooting.
- In the upper right-hand portion of the screen, click Databases.
- For the source database or VDB which you are investigating, click Show Details to the right of the database name. This will display the JDBC connection string being used for the given database.
- To verify that the connection string works, click the checkmark to the right of the connection string. You will then see username and password text boxes.
- Enter the oracle username and password used by the Delphix engine.
If no errors are encountered and the username/password dialogs simply go away, then a successful connection was made to the database.
If errors are encountered, you must investigate them on a case-by-case basis, just as you would do with any connection errors to an Oracle database.