This topic describes adding a source database to an environment.
When you add an environment with the Delphix Admin application, all database instances that are running on it are automatically discovered. However, if a database is not automatically discovered, you can add it manually to the environment.
- Make sure your source database meets the requirements described in Requirements for Oracle Source Hosts and Databases, as well as general database user requirements as described in Requirements for Oracle Target Hosts and Databases.
- Before adding a database, the installation home of the database must exist in the environment. If the installation home does not exist in the environment, follow the steps in Adding a Database Installation Home to an Oracle Environment.
- Login to the Delphix Admin application using Delphix Admin credentials.
- Click Manage.
- Select Environments.
- Click Databases.
- Choose the installation home where the database is installed. Click the Up icon next to the the installation home path to show details if needed.
- Click the green Plus icon next to Add Databases.
- Enter the Database Unique Name, Database Name, and Instance Name.
- When finished, click the Check icon.