This topic describes how to refresh an environment.
After you make changes to an environment that you have already set up in the Delphix Admin application, such as installing a new database home, creating a new database, or adding a new listener, you may need to refresh the environment to reflect these changes.
During environment discovery and environment refreshes, Delphix pushes a fresh copy of the toolkit to each host environment. Included in the toolkit are:
- A JRE
- Delphix jar files
- The hostchecker utility
- Scripts for managing the environment and/or VDBs
- Delphix Connector log files
Delphix then executes some of these scripts to discover information about the objects in your environment (where the databases are installed, the database names, information required to connect to these databases, etc.). In some environments (Windows in particular), the scripts are customized to fit the customer’s environment.
- Login to the Delphix Admin application with Delphix Admin credentials.
- Click Manage.
- Select Environments.
- In the Environments panel, click the name of the environment you want to refresh.
- Click the Refresh icon below the environment's information.
- Alternatively, to refresh all environments, click the Refresh icon next to the word Environments in the upper left-hand corner
Environments Refresh Icon