Occasionally, it is necessary to shut down the Delphix Engine for maintenance purposes. This topic outlines how to perform a safe shutdown of the Delphix Engine. Before performing a shutdown, it is important that all your VDBs are shut down in order to maintain data integrity. Once the Delphix Engine is powered off, you can power it back on through the vSphere console like any other VM.
Shutting down the Delphix Engine from the GUI
Use the following steps to shut down the Delphix Engine via the GUI.
- Login to the Delphix Admin GUI.
- Shut down all VDBs. Perform the following for each VDB:
- In the Datasets panel, click the VDB to expand it.
- Click the red stop button.
3. Logout of the Admin GUI.
4. Login to the Server Setup GUI using sysadmin credentials.
5. Select Shutdown Delphix Engine.
6. Click Power Off.
7. Power on the Delphix Engine through ESX Console, like any other VM.
Shutting down the Delphix Engine via CLI
Use the following steps to shutdown the Delphix Engine via CLI.
ssh sysadmin@yourengine delphix > system delphix system > shutdown delphix system shutdown *> commit