Although you can online and offline a VDB using standard SQL Server tools such as SQL Server Management Studio or TSQL, we recommend that you get into the habit of stopping and starting the database using Delphix tools (GUI, CLI, or API). In addition to properly stopping the database, the Delphix tools also unmount and mount the related filesystems that are provided by the Delphix Engine as well as performing any Delphix-specific actions during startup or shutdown.
- Login to the Delphix Management application using Delphix Admin credentials.
- Click Manage and select Datasets.
- On the left of the screen, click the VDB you want to manage.
- To stop an active VDB, click the stop icon in the top right-hand corner.
To start an inactive VDB, click the start icon in the top right-hand corner.
- If stopping or starting the VDB requires particular credentials for the target environment other than those of the default environment user:
- Check Provide Privileged Credentials.
- Enter the username and password.
- Click Validate Credentials.
- Click Yes to stop or start the VDB.
- You can view the status of the stopping or starting of the VDB in several ways:
View the Active Jobs on the right of the screen or monitor the progress bar from the VDB Status tab.