This topic describes how to upgrade a SQL Server VDB to a higher version of SQL Server instance.
Procedure for VDB In-Place Upgrade
- Remove any VDB Refresh Policy assigned to the VDB.
- Upgrade the target SQL Server instance.
- Refresh the target environment.
Procedure to Upgrade a VDB to a New SQL Instance
- Refresh all environments.
- Login to the Delphix Management application using delphix_admin credentials or as the owner of the VDB.
- Click Manage.
- Select Datasets.
- Select the VDB to be upgraded.
- From the Actions menu (...) select Disable.
- Click Disable to confirm.
- From the Actions menu (...) select upgrade.
The Upgrade Database window will open.
- Select the SQL Server instance to which you want the VDB to upgrade.
- Click OK.
- Enable the VDB. (See Enabling and Disabling SQL Server VDBs.)
- Repeat step 5 to 12 for each VDB you want to upgrade.
Upgrading a SQL Server 2005 VDB to SQL Server 2008 or 2008 R2 is not supported.