This topic covers the virtual machine requirements, including memory and data storage, for installing the Delphix Engine on Microsoft Azure.
Memory and Storage optimized
- GS3 - 8 CPUs, 112GB, 16 TB (20,000 IOPS)
- GS4 - 16 CPUs, 244GB, 32 TB (40,000 IOPS)
- GS5 - 32 CPUs, 448GB, 64 TB (80,000 IOPS)
- Azure Virtual Network (VNet)
|Delphix Engine and all the source and target environments must be accessible within the same virtual network.|
- Network Security Group (NSG)
Premium storage utilizes solid-state drives (SSDs)
Devices up to 1024GB are supported
Maximum of 64TB is supported
Cache setting TBD
I/O requests of up to 256 kilobytes (KB) are counted as a single I/O operation (IOP) for provisioned IOPs volumes.
- IOPS vary based on storage size with a maximum of 5,000 IOPS.
|General Storage Configuration|
Allocate initial storage equal to the size of the physical source databases. For high redo rates and/or high DB change rates, allocate an additional 10-20% storage.
Add storage when storage capacity approaches 30% free
Add new storage by attaching new data disks of the same size.
Maximize Delphix Engine RAM for a larger system cache to service reads
Use at least 3 data disks to maximize performance. This enables the Delphix File System (DxFS) to make sure that its file systems are always consistent on disk without additional serialization. This also enables the Delphix Engine to achieve higher I/O rates by queueing more I/O operations to its storage.
- See Optimal Storage Configuration Parameters for the Delphix Engine.