The Users Screen
To display the list of users defined in the Delphix Masking Engine installation:
- Click the Admin tab at the top.
- On the left of the screen, click the Users tab.
Creating and Editing Users
To create a new user
- Click Add User at the upper right of the Users screen.
- You will be prompted for the following information:
- First Name — The user's given name
- Last Name — The user's surname
- User Name — The login name for the user
- Email — The user's e-mail address (mailable from the Delphix Masking Engine server for purposes of job completion e-mail messages)
- Password — The password that the Delphix Masking Engine uses to authenticate the user on the login page. The password must be at least six characters long, and contain a minimum of one uppercase character, one wild character (!@#$%^&*), and one number.
- Confirm Password — Confirm the password with double-entry to avoid data entry error.
- Administrator — (Optional) Select the Administrator check box if you want to give this user Administrator privileges. (Administrator privileges allow the user to perform all Delphix Masking Engine tasks, including creating and editing users in the Delphix Masking Engine.)
- If you select the Administrator check box, the Roles and Environments fields disappear because Administrator privileges include all roles and environments.
- Role — Select the role to grant to this user. The choices here depend on the custom roles that you have created. (For information about creating custom roles, see Managing Roles Settings.)
- You can assign one role per user name.
Environment — Enter as many environments as this user will be able to access
Granting a user access to a given environment does not give them unlimited access to that environment. The user's access is still limited to their assigned role.
3. When you are finished, click Save.
To edit a user
- Next to the user you wish to edit select the green checkmark.
The Edit User pane appears.
- Modify the settings as you would for a new user.
- Click Save.
To delete any user
Click the Delete icon.