This topic describes the process of linking to a source database and creating a dSource.
- Make sure you have the correct user credentials for the source environment, as described in Requirements for Oracle Target Hosts and Databases.
- If you are linking a dSource to an Oracle or Oracle RAC physical standby database, you should read the topic Linking Oracle Physical Standby Databases.
- If you are using Oracle Enterprise Edition, you must have Block Change Tracking (BCT) enabled as described in Requirements for Oracle Source Hosts and Databases.
- The source database should be in ARCHIVELOG mode and the NOLOGGING option should be disabled as described in Requirements for Oracle Source Hosts and Databases.
- You may also want to read the topic Advanced Data Management Settings for Oracle dSources.
- Login to the Delphix Management application.
- Click Manage.
- Select Datasets.
- Click the plus icon.
- Select Add dSource.
In the Add dSource wizard, select the source database with the correct environment user-specified.
Changing the Environment User
If you need to change or add an environment user for the source database, see Managing Oracle Environment Users.
- Enter your login credentials for the source database and click Verify Credentials.
If you are linking a mounted standby, Click Next. See the topics under Linking Oracle Physical Standby Databases for more information about how the Delphix Engine uses non-SYS login credentials.
- Enter a name and select a group for your dSource.
Adding a dSource to a dataset group lets you set Delphix Domain user permissions for that database and its objects, such as snapshots. See the topics under Users, Permissions, and Policies for more information.
- Select an Initial Load option.
By default, the initial load takes place upon completion of the linking process. Alternatively, you can set the initial load to take place according to the SnapSync policy, for example if you want the initial load to take place when the source database is not in use, or after a set of operations have taken place.
- Select a SnapSync policy.
For more information, see Advanced Data Management Settings for Oracle dSources.
- Click Next.
- In the Hooks Wizard, click the plus icon to add Pre Sync or Post Sync scripts that should run at that hook point.
- Click Next.
- Review the dSource Configuration and Data Management information, and then click Submit.
The Delphix Engine will initiate two jobs, DB_Link and DB_Sync, to create the dSource. You can monitor these jobs by clicking Active Jobs in the top menu bar, or by selecting System > Event Viewer. When the jobs have successfully completed, the database icon will change to a dSource icon on the Environments > Databases screen, and the dSource will be added to the list of Datasets under its assigned group.
After you have created a dSource, you can view information about it on the dSource's Configuration tab, where you can also modify its policies and permissions. The Configuration tab provides information such as the Source Database and Data Management configuration. For more information, see Advanced Data Management Settings for Oracle dSources.
- Advanced Data Management Settings for Oracle dSources
- Requirements for Oracle Source Hosts and Databases
- Requirements for Oracle Target Hosts and Databases
- Linking dSources from an Encrypted Oracle Database
- Linking Oracle Physical Standby Databases
- Users, Permissions, and Policies
- Managing Oracle Environment Users