Deleting a VDB is an unrecoverable operation. Proceed only if you want to permanently destroy the unique data that was created in the VDB.
- Login to the Delphix Management application.
- Click Manage.
- Select Datasets.
- Click the VDB that you want to delete.
- From the Actions menu (...) select Delete.
- If stopping or starting the VDB requires particular credentials for the target environment other than those of the default environment user:
- Check Provide Privileged Credentials.
- Enter the username and password.
- Click Validate Credentials.
- Click Delete to confirm that you want to delete the VDB.
If the VDB was currently active, the Delphix Engine will shut it down, unmount all filesystems from the target environment, and finally delete the VDB itself.