- Set up a second HANA instance
- Add that second HANA instance as an environment
- In the Delphix Engine GUI, create a snapshot of your HANA VDB
- Login to the Delphix Management application.
- Click Manage.
- On the left side of the screen, select a HANAVDB from which you will provision this VDB.
- When you select a VDB, the available snapshot for the source are displayed in the main area of the screen. Select a snapshot for the source database.
Below the snapshot, click. This will display the main provisioning screen.
On the left of the provisioning screen, click the environment where you want the VDB to be located.
- Verify that the Database Unique Name, SID, and Database Name are defined appropriately for the VDB that you are provisioning.
- Verify that the Mount Base value is correct for the target environment where the VDB will be located. For example /hana/vdb.
- If system credentials used by this provisioning process should be different from the default environment user for some reason, check Provide Privileged Credentials and enter the appropriate username and password. If in doubt, leave the box unchecked.
- Click Next.
- Select the group into which the VDB should be placed.
Select the snapshot policy that should be used for the VDB.
- Click Next.
Verify that all options listed on the summary screen are correct.
When provisioning starts, you can review the progress of the job in the Databases panel, or in the Job History panel of the Dashboard. When provisioning is complete, the VDB will be included in the group you designated, and listed in the Databases panel. If you select the VDB in the Databases panel and click the Open icon, you can view its card, which contains information about the database and its Data Management settings.
Once the VDB provisioning has successfully completed, if the source and target instance ids are not the same, you may want to grant secadm and dbadm on the database to the target instance id.