- Selective Data Distribution (SDD) and Oracle Multi-tenancy: With this release, Delphix supports SDD for masking data in production and replicating the masked data to non-production with Oracle Multi-tenancy databases. Selective Data Distribution is the Delphix preferred model for customer deployment.
- Kerberos: Kerberos support for Oracle, ASE databases, DB2, and SQL Server (for specific configurations) is available. Note: NFS support for Kerberos is not provided.
- Expanded Masking APIs: With this release, we’ve expanded the API with support for VSAM file masking, application log access, audit log access, and the ability to rotate the global masking key.
- Increased Masking Audit Log Granularity: In response to customer requests, the types of Masking Engine user actions that will be recorded in the audit log is being expanded. Actions such as adding/deleting/editing a user, updating/deleting a connector, login failures and many other events will now be reflected in the audit log.
- Expanded Masking Job Synchronization: Building upon the job synchronization work done in 5.3 and the algorithm synchronization work done in 5.2, we’re adding the ability to synchronize Free Text Redaction Jobs, Profile Expressions, Profile Sets, and Profile Jobs.
- Selective Data Distribution and Oracle 12c Multi-tenancy: With Oracle multi-tenancy (introduced in 12c) there can be multiple pluggable databases (PDBs) in a shared Container Database (CDB). As part of using masking and SDD with multitenant databases, users will select which PDBs will be masked and delivered via SDD. This supports multi-tenant architectures for both Oracle 12c and 18c.
- SQL Server and Commvault: We introduced support for restoring SQL Server backups directly from NetBackup in 5.2.5. With this release, we’re expanding our support to the second most popular SQL Server Backup vendor, Commvault. This version will support SQL Server versions 2008 through 2016 with Commvault version 11, SP11 and SP12
- ASE Backup Server Improvements: We have significantly improved our ability to sync with ASE data sources. With these improvements, we are now able to detect and ingest customers’ backup files with greater speed and reliability.
- Expanded Masking Support: Delphix has dramatically increased the number of supported masking sources - including Oracle 18c and a broad selection of AWS RDS sources (SQL Server, MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL).
- EBS: Since the introduction of WebLogic into the appsTier of EBS12.2 and higher, it will become necessary to manage the WebLogic admin password similar to how we have been managing the Oracle EBS APPS password. With this release, Delphix can now manage that password.
- PostgreSQL: There is a new version of the PostgreSQL plugin available which improves quality and stability.
- DB2: Improved compatibility with AIX environments.
- Oracle DB/OS combinations
- Oracle 11.2 on SLES 12SP3
- Oracle 12.1 on SLES 12SP3
- Oracle 12.2 on SLES 15
- Oracle 12.2 on SLES 12SP3
- Oracle 12.2 on Solaris 11.4 (x86)
- Oracle 18c on Solaris 11.2 (x86)
- Oracle 18c on Solaris 10.11 (x86)
- Oracle 18c
- AWS RDS MariaDB
- AWS RDS MySQL
- AWS RDS SQL Server
- AWS RDS PostgreSQL
- delphix_admin: The default domain user created on Delphix Engines is now admin instead of delphix_admin. When engines created before 5.3.1 are upgraded to 5.3.1 or later they will retain their old username 'delphix_admin'. To avoid complications Delphix recommends creating users with an admin role and then Disabling delphix_admin.
- PostgreSQL: PostgreSQL as a Native Data Source Integration by the end of November. This will include support for the most popular open source and enterprise version of PostgreSQL .
- Expanded Selective Data Distribution (SDD): Using Selective Data Distribution to replicate only masked data from production networks to non-production networks is becoming the default configuration for Delphix. With this release, we’re expanding Selective Data Distribution to our Custom Data Source Integrations. This will allow customers to take advantage of the benefits of SDD for data sources that Delphix does not have Native Data Source Integrations for, like MongoDB. Expect an expansion of SDD to the final remaining Native data sources in the near future.
- SQL Server Copy-only Backups from Secondary Nodes: Microsoft provides a high availability and disaster recovery (HADR) feature for SQL Server instances known as Availability Groups. In this configuration, there is one primary instance used for most operations, with secondary nodes available on standby should an HADR event occur. This feature will allow customers to take Delphix backups on the secondary nodes to minimize resource utilization on the primary instance.
- EBS 2.0 SUDO Privilege: We have now separated the authentication access from the authorization for privileged operations for EBS, resulting in a more secure approach especially for privileged actions.
- SDD certified on DB2: We have certified SDD on all DB2 Toolkit 2.4.1 running on supported versions of RHEL
- Masking Algorithm Synchronization: We have expanded the algorithm synchronization to include the Data Cleansing and Min-Max algorithms when syncing algorithms across engines.
- Oracle 18c on Red Hat 6.4 - 6.10 and 7.0 - 7.5
- Oracle 18c on SLES 12 SP1, SP2, SP3
- Oracle 12.2 on Red Hat 6.10, 7.5
- Oracle 11.2 on Red Hat 6.10, 7.5
- PostgreSQL 9.5.13, 9.6.10 and 10.5 on CentOS 7.3, 7.4
- EnterpriseDB PostgreSQL versions 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 10.1.5 on CentOS 7.3, 7.4
- PostgreSQL 9.6.X and 10.X
This release has several significant new features that will change the way our customers use our products.
Core Virtualization Capabilities
Delphix Management UI updates: A completely revamped GUI simplifies the user experience. Highlights include:
- container lists
- User terminology for Delphix Admin has been changed to Engine Admin.
MSSQL Single Instance Manual Discovery: Delphix now allows customers to add an MSSQL instance in an environment manually. This is useful when some of the instances are not auto discovered either due to corrupt registries or due to unavailability of the instance at that time or any other unknown reason. An instance can be added in any environment, be it source or target. Users need to input all the instance details manually. Once correct details have been entered, all databases of that instance will be auto-discovered. And such databases and instance will be created successfully.
Data Virtualization Connectors
- DB2 2.4.0
- Toolkit defined hook.
- Capturing the timestamp of backup for linking operation.
- Allow provisioning operations irrespective of snapshot's Toolkit version
- Oracle EBS
- EBS - AIX Certification
Delphix Masking Capabilities
Masking Job Monitoring: One of our major customer requests has been to improve the progress and outcome reporting of masking and profiling jobs. In 5.3, we’ve redesigned job monitoring to be much more accurate.
Masking V4 APIs: As previously announced, the prior generation APIs (Version 4.0) will reach End of Life with the 5.3 release. As such, these V4 APIs will no longer be available once a customer upgrades to 5.3.
- Default Masking Usernames & Passwords: Starting in 5.3, all net new Masking Engines deployments will come with renamed default admin users. The default admin (delphix_admin & axis_tech) usernames for masking will be changed to “admin.” SysAdmin will not be changing. Please note, customers upgrading from previous versions of the Delphix Engine will not be forced to change their usernames. This is to simplify our software when deployed by an OEM vendor.
With each release, we evaluate certifying new operating systems, database versions, hypervisor versions and cloud instance types. In 5.3, we are certifying the following:
VMware ESX 6.7
Azure Instances D8v3, D16v3, D32v3
ASE 15.0.3 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.9