This topic describes adding a source database to an environment.
When you add an environment with the Delphix Admin application, all database instances that are running on it are automatically discovered. However, if a database is not automatically discovered, you can add it manually to the environment.
- Make sure your source database meets the requirements described in Requirements for Oracle Source Hosts and Databases, as well as general database user requirements as described in Requirements for Oracle Target Hosts and Databases.
- Before adding a database, the installation home of the database must exist in the environment. If the installation home does not exist in the environment, follow the steps in Adding a Database Installation Home to an Oracle Environment.
- Login to the Delphix Management application.
- Click Manage.
- Select Environments.
- Select an Environment.
- Click Databases tab.
- Choose the installation home where the database is installed.
- Click the Plus icon.
- In the Add Database dialog enter the Database Path and Port.
- When finished, click Add.