This topic describes how to migrate a SQL Server staging database to a different environment. For an overview of what a staging database is used for, see Overview of Setting Up SQL Server Environments.
- The dSource for the staging database must be disabled before the migration. To disable the dSource, follow the steps in Enabling and Disabling SQL Server dSources.
- The target environment that will be used for the staging database that is being migrated must have already been added to the Delphix Engine. To add the environment as a target environment, follow the steps in Adding a SQL Server Standalone Target Environment. The environment must meet the requirements for hosting a staging database, as described in Setting Up and Configuring Delphix for SQL Server.
- When migrating a staging server, it is important to check if the old staging server is being used as a proxy/connector host for any other source environments.
- Login to the Delphix Management application.
- Click Manage on the top menu bar and select Datasets from the drop-down menu.
- Select the dSource whose staging database is being migrated.
- Disable the dSource.
- From the Actions (...) menu select Disable.
- In the Disable dialog select Disable.
- Click that Pencil icon that appears to the right of the current Staging Environment in the sub-panel.
- Select the new target environment for the staging database.
- Select the SQL Server instance on the new target environment that will host the staging database.
- Accept the change by clicking the Checkmark icon
- Re-enable the dSource by selecting Enable from the Actions (...) menu.