This topic describes how to upgrade dSources after an SQL Server database upgrade.
- The source SQL Server database has been upgraded by attaching to a higher version of SQL Server instance.
- Login to the Delphix Management application.
- In the top menu bar, click Manage.
- Select Environments to display the servers registered with the Delphix Engine as environments.
- In the left navigation pane, find the Delphix environment which represents the Windows server on which the recently-upgraded source database resides. Click the environment name to expand the bar. This will also display the Environment Details on the main screen.
In the left navigation pane, click the Refresh iconfor the environment. This will cause the Delphix Engine to re-discover all instances and all databases on that Windows server.
The refresh/rediscover operations do not affect the operations of any dSources or VDBs on the environment.
- When the refresh/rediscover operation completes, click Manage in the top menu bar.
- Select Datasets.
- Select the dSource to be upgraded.
- Disable the dSource.
- From the Actions (...) menu select Disable.
- In the Disable dialog select Disable.
- From the Actions (...) menu select the Upgrade.
- The Upgrade Database panel will open. The SQL Server instance that is hosting the recently-upgraded source database will appear in the drop-down list. Select that instance.
- Select an appropriate staging environment and SQL instance for the dSource's staging database. The staging SQL instance must be the same version as the SQL Server instance hosting the upgraded source database.
- Accept the change by clicking the Checkmark icon.
- Enable the dSource.
- From the Actions (...) menu select Enable.
- In the Enable dialog select Enable.
- On the Configuration tab, click the snapshot icon to run a SnapSync for the dSource.