When you add an environment with the Delphix Management application, all Oracle instances that are running on it are automatically discovered. These include mulltitenant container database instances. However, pluggable databases are not discovered. This topic describes how to discover Oracle pluggable databases in the Oracle environment.
- Make sure that the multitenant container database and its pluggable databases meet the requirements described in Requirements for Oracle Source Environments and Databases.
- Make sure that the multitenant container database is already discovered by the Delphix Engine. If the container database does not exist in the environment, follow the steps in Adding a Database to an Oracle Environment.
- Login into the Delphix Management application
- Select Manage > Environments and select the environment that has the container Database.
- Click Databases.
- Choose the installation which has the multitenant container database and click the collapse/expand icon next to the installation path to show details.
- Click "Discover CDB" next to the multitenant container database.
- Enter the credentials for the multitenant container database and click OK.
After pluggable databases are discovered, expand the pluggable databases to view the details. Click on it to see all discovered pluggable databases.