This topic describes creating custom policies based on cron expressions for specific database objects or groups.
Custom policies are created by editing a policy associated with a database object, either during its creation or through the Policy Management screen after it has been created. For information about creating custom policies for dSources and VDBs during the linking and provisioning processes, see the Linking and Provisioning topics listed for each data platform.
Policies may be configured using the provided Schedule date picker, by Interval, or by using a Quartz cron expression by selecting Custom.
- Login to the Delphix Management application.
- Click Manage.
- Select Policies.
- Select the tab for the object or group for which you want to create a policy.
- In the selected tab click the Add button located on the right.
For example, to create a new VDB Snapshot policy:
- Select the VDB Snapshot tab.
- Click + VDB Snapshot.
- Enter Name for the policy.
- Select a Time Zone, if this is not selected Delphix picks up the system default time.
- Select Timeout. When a job is run if it does not finish in the selected time it will be killed.
- Select a Schedule.
- Select Next.
- Select the object(s) to which you want to assign this policy.
- Click Submit.