Each source database and VDB has a connection string defined. If any parameters have changed, you may need to adjust these connection strings.
- Verify that a listener is running on the source or target environment you are investigating.
- Login to the Delphix Management application.
- Click Manage.
- Select Environments.
- Click the environment which you are troubleshooting.
- Select the Databases tab.
- The source database or VDB which you are investigating will display the JDBC connection string being used for the given database.
- To verify that the connection string works, click the checkmark to the right of the connection string. You will then see the username and password text boxes.
- Enter the Oracle username and password used by the Delphix Engine.
If no errors are encountered and the username/password dialogs simply go away, then a successful connection was made to the database.
If errors are encountered, you must investigate them on a case-by-case basis, just as you would do with any connection errors to an Oracle database.