When you add an environment with the Delphix Admin application, the Delphix Engine should discover all database instances that are running on the environment. However, if a database is not automatically discovered, you can add it manually to the environment.
- Make sure your source database meets the requirements, as well as general database user requirements as described in Setting Up and Configuring Delphix for SQL Server.
- Before adding a database, make sure to reference supported OS, SQL Server versions, and backup softwares: Supported Operating Systems, Server Versions, and Backup Software for SQL Server.
- Login to the Delphix Management application.
- Click Manage.
- Select Datasets.
- Click the Plus icon and select the Add dSource link.
- Fill out the Source page in the wizard with proper credentials.
- Select a dSource name and Target group.
- In the Data Management tab enter load type, backup, staging, and logsync details.
- Verify all the information entered for the dSource and click Submit.
- The Delphix Engine will run the required jobs and create the dSource for the selected database.