Central Management has the following two types of users:
- Admin Users: Admin users can view and can control all features. This user has a full view of all metadata and infrastructure in and connected to Central Management. There must be at least one of these per tenant.
- Standard Users: can only view and control features that are related to engines on which they have accounts. For a standard user to see any data (dSources, virtual databases) or have access to engines in Central Management, there must be a user on one or more engines with the same email address. For example, if there is a Central Management standard user with the email address of “firstname.lastname@example.org” then there must be a user with the same email address on one or more engines. If the user has access to data on the engines, they will see that data in Central Management. If they do not have access to data, they will still have the ability to connect to the engine, but not have control over any data.
The following table summarizes the features the two users can access:
|Features||Standard User||Admin User|
|Users and Permissions|
*You must have a Delphix Engine registered that contains a local user account that matches your user account in Central Management (matching done with email address).
Granting Admin Permissions
Every new Central Management user begins as a Standard user. Admin users can grant standard users admin permissions by navigating to the Users & Permissions tab.
To grant Admin permission to Standard users:
- Login to Central Management as an Admin User.
- Click the Users & Permissions tab.
- In Users page, select a user and click on (...) as shown below.
- Click Grant Admin.
- In the Grant Admin dialog, click Grant to provide administrator access to the user profile.
- A successful message is displayed and click OK. In the Users page, the Role column now shows Admin User for the user you granted admin access.