Delphix provides helper scripts to assist customers at various points in the Plugin workflow:
Script usage is optional. Scripts are bundled within the plugin and can be found at:
May be used where a customer has selected External Backups as the basis of a dSource.
This script will transfer the latest full backup and any younger delta backups from a source HANA environment to an intermediate HANA environment. The transferred files will be renamed with the UTC_END_TIME appended to their names.
- Script assumes the user has access to the production source and an intermediate host which is running a HANA instance. The intermediate host needs to be running HANA so that is discoverable by the HANA 2.0 Plugin.
- Script must be copied to the source host as the Operating system user with access to hdbsql. The script must be executable.
- Script requires a public key to be copied from the source host to the intermediate host for the operating system user which has access to the tenant source.
- Latest backup files must exist on source.
- Destination directory for files on the intermediate host must exist and match the Operating system username for the running HANA instance.
If the script has completed successfully and the intermediate host has been discovered as a HANA environment, it will be possible to ingest the desired files using the External Backup option of the HANA 2.0 Plugin.
This python tool is used to get the metadata information specific to a dSource or a VDB. Below are the metadata fields which will be shown for a dSource or a VDB.
dSource metadata information:-
UTC_END_TIME :- The UTC_END_TIME reflects the moment in time, in UTC, when a HANA tenant backup operation is completed. The value is derived from a tenant level query of the table M_BACKUP_CATALOG. The system privilege CATALOG READ is required to access this table.
The Delphix User Interface displays the time at which the backup was captured (snapshotted) on its internal filesystem. This is entirely different to the source tenant database UTC_END_TIME.
The UTC_END_TIME represents a known point in time on a customer database. This point in time may, for example, cover a period prior to or after some major data change. This script provides a method to map the filesystem snapshot time displayed in the User Interface alongside the UTC_END_TIME.
VDB metadata information:-
This tool is used to fetch the metadata information of those VDB's which has been created using Commvault backups. For other VDB's created using Delphix or Customer initiated backups, this tool won't represent any metadata information. Below fields will be shown for the VDB:-
Requested Recovery time:- Requested recovery time is the desired time to which recovery is desired and this time gets passed in the recovery command.
Execution Time:- This is the time at which the VDB creation process had started.
Achieved Recovery Time :- This is the time to which the recovery has been done for a HANA system based upon the availability of the archive logs in the commvault system.
Recovery Info:- This field contains the recovery information which was contained in the backup.log file upon the completion of recovery in the HANA system for the new tenant created during the VDB creation.
To be installed on the host where the python tool will be run:
- python package delphixpy version 1.10.6
- python package texttable
The following input is required to run the tool:
- Delphix Engine fully qualified hostname or IP address
- Delphix Engine Username with admin privileges
- Delphix Engine Password
- dataset name(dSource or VDB)
python get_dsource_snapshot_timestamps.py <DE> <Username> <Password> <dataset name>
Example of a VDB with four snapshots:
From the Delphix UI:
From the python utility: