- EBS: EBS Plugin version 2.3.0 introduces a new feature where EBS appsTier provision wizard would have a checkbox to control the start/stop of EBS services during provision operation.
- Db2: By default, the Db2 Plugin does not allow a VDB to be provisioned on an instance which contains a database that has an identical name to the source database. The Db2 Plugin version 2.7.1 introduces a change that allows users to provision a VDB on an instance which contains a source database.
- EBS: 5.3.6 will include two features for Oracle EBS:
- Provide the ability to clear/ignore EBS provision failures with adcfgclone.
- Change EBS Title on provision/refresh, which is currently a step that customers need to perform manually via hooks.
Virtualization SDK GA: With 5.3.5, Delphix releases the next generation Virtualization Platform & SDK customers and partners who have built plugins (the actual packaged code that developers develop to offer an EDSIs) can begin deploying them in production.
EBS: The EBS plugin will allow end-users to populate environment variables for “APPS” and “WEBLOGIC” passwords for hooks so that those passwords can be used for custom EBS "post-processing," which is always necessary to make EBS virtualization useful and practical.
Provide Your Own Oracle Java: With 5.3.5, Delphix supports the ability for customers to provide their own Oracle JDK for each host. This allows customers to use the latest Java versions with Delphix. Customers can now place JDKs on hosts, and with this feature enabled, Delphix will begin leveraging that JDK for all Java-based operations. For more information see Providing your own Oracle Java.
CRA Enabled by Default: After upgrade, all engines will have CRA enabled for secure support.
Oracle Quality Improvements: Delphix is continuing on our mission to drive Oracle quality improvements. The 5.3.5 release focuses on improving Multi-tenant quality, particularly around self-service.
Oracle 19c on RHEL 7.4 - 7.6
Oracle 19c on SLES 12 SP3 - SP
Oracle 18c on Solaris x86 11.4
- ESXi 6.7 U2 Validation
Support for dump history file: SAP ASE support has been extended to leverage ASEs Dump History File as an alternative ingestion mechanism to Error Log Files. Dump History File-based ingestion offers multiple efficiencies (pinpointed data, chronological and structured entries, striping history, etc.) that offer a more efficient LogSync capability. For more information please refer to Support for Dump History File.
- Staging Server Pre and Post Hooks for Validated Sync: Delphix is delivering Pre/Post Hooks for Validated sync to extend our ingestion functionality to customer-specific workflows and source configurations. This enables greater degrees of automation to ASE sources on the Virtualization platform. Users will now be able to write their own scripts to run automatically with each validated sync job.
Expanded Masking APIs: Delphix continues to expand Masking APIs with several net-new endpoints and additional parameters for existing endpoints, including:
Control for the Multiple Profiler Expression Check setting for a Profile Job
Control for the isProfilerWritable setting of an inventory
Ability to update Database Rulesets
Oracle Quality Updates: We are continuing our push on Oracle quality, specifically around multi-tenancy.
- HANA 2.0 Virtualization Plugin (historically called "Toolkits"): We are releasing our next generation HANA Virtualization plugin for HANA's 2.0 multi-tenant architecture.
- EBS Virtualization Plugin (historically called "Toolkits"): EBS Plugin version 1.5.0 introduces an improved TCL (Tool control language) error handling mechanism, the EBS plugin now provides improved descriptions of error messages.
- Aurora MySQL
- Aurora PostgresSQL
DB2 Virtualization on RHEL 7.6
Postgres Virtualization on RHEL 7.6
ASE 15.7 and 16 Virtualization on RHEL 7.6
ESX 6.7 U1, U2
- Oracle 11.2, 12.1, 12.2 & 18c on RedHat 7.6
- Oracle 12.2 on Solaris x86 11.4
- SLES 12 SP4 certification with Oracle 12.2
- SLES 12 SP4 certification with Oracle 18c
Forward Compatible Replication: Delphix virtualization supports replication to a Delphix Target Engine running a higher version. It is common practice for organizations to implement different software upgrade policies for production and non-production environments this feature allows our customers to comply with their internal upgrade plan.
Starting with this release, customers with engines on version 5.3.0 and above can replicate to 5.3.3.
Forward compatible replication will support replicating to engines up to two major difference.
In-product Usage Measurement: We have introduced a new dashboard in the product to measure virtualization usage for our top data sources (Oracle, SQL Server, and ASE).
Oracle Quality Updates: Given the increased adoption of the Oracle multi-tenancy feature (in Oracle 12c and 18c), Delphix has decided to double-down multi-tenant quality and overall Oracle experience.
SAML2-based Single Sign-on: In 5.3.3 Delphix releases an SSO solution for Delphix Engine deployments (Masking and Virtualization).
Delphix Recovery - Backup and Logs Ingestion: Previously, the only method for ingesting data for DB2 was to execute a full backup. With this feature, the DB2 plugin will be able to leverage the DB2 archive logs to do incremental synchronization for a much faster and more streamlined ingestion process. This feature has been added to the DB2 Plugin in addition to the currently supported DB2 HADR. Finally, this feature removes the direct connectivity requirement with the DB2 production DB, adding to our Zero Production Touch vision.
Postgres Virtualization Updates: In this update of the Postgres plugin, we are introducing three new features:
External backups ingestion will allow users to ingest from PostgreSQL backups that already exist instead of having to ingest directly from production.
Selective Data Distribution support
Detailed Reporting for Masking: This allows users to better understand the status of their jobs, any errors that have occurred and give them better controls over how algorithms handle certain edge cases.
Unified Setup Wizard: We only support Delphix Engine instances being deployed as either a masking engine OR a Virtualization engine. As such, we will begin asking users to indicate whether the engine will be used for Virtualization or Masking. In addition, we will begin adding Masking setup steps directly to the Setup Wizard.
Third-party component upgrades: We have implemented a policy by which we upgrade all of our third-party components every six months. We do this both to ensure we're using the latest stable releases as well as to potentially avoid any security issues in those components.
- SQL Server
- SQL Server 2016 on Windows Server 2019
- SQL Server 2017 on Windows Server 2019
- 11.x on all supported operating systems
- Selective Data Distribution (SDD) and Oracle Multi-tenancy: With this release, Delphix supports SDD for masking data in production and replicating the masked data to non-production with Oracle Multi-tenancy databases. Selective Data Distribution is the Delphix preferred model for customer deployment.
- Kerberos: Kerberos support for Oracle, ASE databases, DB2, and SQL Server (for specific configurations) is available. Note: NFS support for Kerberos is not provided.
- Expanded Masking APIs: With this release, we’ve expanded the API with support for VSAM file masking, application log access, audit log access, and the ability to rotate the global masking key.
- Increased Masking Audit Log Granularity: In response to customer requests, the types of Masking Engine user actions that will be recorded in the audit log is being expanded. Actions such as adding/deleting/editing a user, updating/deleting a connector, login failures and many other events will now be reflected in the audit log.
- Expanded Masking Job Synchronization: Building upon the job synchronization work done in 5.3 and the algorithm synchronization work done in 5.2, we’re adding the ability to synchronize Free Text Redaction Jobs, Profile Expressions, Profile Sets, and Profile Jobs.
- Selective Data Distribution and Oracle 12c Multi-tenancy: With Oracle multi-tenancy (introduced in 12c) there can be multiple pluggable databases (PDBs) in a shared Container Database (CDB). As part of using masking and SDD with multitenant databases, users will select which PDBs will be masked and delivered via SDD. This supports multi-tenant architectures for both Oracle 12c and 18c.
- SQL Server and Commvault: We introduced support for restoring SQL Server backups directly from NetBackup in 5.2.5. With this release, we’re expanding our support to the second most popular SQL Server Backup vendor, Commvault. This version will support SQL Server versions 2008 through 2016 with Commvault version 11, SP11 and SP12
- ASE Backup Server Improvements: We have significantly improved our ability to sync with ASE data sources. With these improvements, we are now able to detect and ingest customers’ backup files with greater speed and reliability.
- Expanded Masking Support: Delphix has dramatically increased the number of supported masking sources - including Oracle 18c and a broad selection of AWS RDS sources (SQL Server, MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL).
- EBS: Since the introduction of WebLogic into the appsTier of EBS12.2 and higher, it will become necessary to manage the WebLogic admin password similar to how we have been managing the Oracle EBS APPS password. With this release, Delphix can now manage that password.
- PostgreSQL: There is a new version of the PostgreSQL plugin available which improves quality and stability.
- DB2: Improved compatibility with AIX environments.
- Oracle DB/OS combinations
- Oracle 11.2 on SLES 12SP3
- Oracle 12.1 on SLES 12SP3
- Oracle 12.2 on SLES 15
- Oracle 12.2 on SLES 12SP3
- Oracle 12.2 on Solaris 11.4 (x86)
- Oracle 18c on Solaris 11.2 (x86)
- Oracle 18c on Solaris 10.11 (x86)
- Oracle 18c
- AWS RDS MariaDB
- AWS RDS MySQL
- AWS RDS SQL Server
- AWS RDS PostgreSQL
- Delphix_admin: The default domain user created on Delphix Engines is now admin instead of delphix_admin. When engines created before 5.3.1 are upgraded to 5.3.1 or later they will retain their old username 'delphix_admin'. To avoid complications Delphix recommends creating users with an admin role and then Disabling delphix_admin.
- PostgreSQL: PostgreSQL as a Native Data Source Integration by the end of November. This will include support for the most popular open source and enterprise version of PostgreSQL.
- Expanded Selective Data Distribution (SDD): Using Selective Data Distribution to replicate only masked data from production networks to non-production networks is becoming the default configuration for Delphix. With this release, we’re expanding Selective Data Distribution to our Custom Data Source Integrations. This will allow customers to take advantage of the benefits of SDD for data sources that Delphix does not have Native Data Source Integrations for, like MongoDB. Expect an expansion of SDD to the final remaining Native data sources in the near future.
- SQL Server Copy-only Backups from Secondary Nodes: Microsoft provides high availability and disaster recovery (HADR) feature for SQL Server instances known as Availability Groups. In this configuration, there is one primary instance used for most operations, with secondary nodes available on standby should an HADR event occur. This feature will allow customers to take Delphix backups on the secondary nodes to minimize resource utilization on the primary instance.
- EBS 2.0 SUDO Privilege: We have now separated the authentication access from the authorization for privileged operations for EBS, resulting in a more secure approach especially for privileged actions.
- SDD certified on DB2: We have certified SDD on all DB2 Toolkit 2.4.1 running on supported versions of RHEL
- Masking Algorithm Synchronization: We have expanded the algorithm synchronization to include the Data Cleansing and Min-Max algorithms when syncing algorithms across engines.
- Oracle 18c on Red Hat 6.4 - 6.10 and 7.0 - 7.5
- Oracle 18c on SLES 12 SP1, SP2, SP3
- Oracle 12.2 on Red Hat 6.10, 7.5
- Oracle 11.2 on Red Hat 6.10, 7.5
- PostgreSQL 9.5.13, 9.6.10 and 10.5 on CentOS 7.3, 7.4
- EnterpriseDB PostgreSQL versions 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 10.1.5 on CentOS 7.3, 7.4
- PostgreSQL 9.6.X and 10.X
This release has several significant new features that will change the way our customers use our products.
Core Virtualization Capabilities
Delphix Management UI updates: A completely revamped GUI simplifies the user experience. Highlights include:
- container lists
- User terminology for Delphix Admin has been changed to Engine Admin.
MSSQL Single Instance Manual Discovery: Delphix now allows customers to add an MSSQL instance in an environment manually. This is useful when some of the instances are not auto discovered either due to corrupt registries or due to unavailability of the instance at that time or any other unknown reason. An instance can be added in any environment, be it source or target. Users need to input all the instance details manually. Once correct details have been entered, all databases of that instance will be auto-discovered. And such databases and instance will be created successfully.
Data Virtualization Connectors
- DB2 2.4.0
- Toolkit defined hook.
- Capturing the timestamp of backup for linking operation.
- Allow provisioning operations irrespective of snapshot's Toolkit version
- Oracle EBS
- EBS - AIX Certification
Delphix Masking Capabilities
Masking Job Monitoring: One of our major customer requests has been to improve the progress and outcome reporting of masking and profiling jobs. In 5.3, we’ve redesigned job monitoring to be much more accurate.
Masking V4 APIs: As previously announced, the prior generation APIs (Version 4.0) will reach End of Life with the 5.3 release. As such, these V4 APIs will no longer be available once a customer upgrades to 5.3.
- Default Masking Usernames & Passwords: Starting in 5.3, all net new Masking Engines deployments will come with renamed default admin users. The default admin (delphix_admin & axis_tech) usernames for masking will be changed to “admin.” SysAdmin will not be changing. Please note, customers upgrading from previous versions of the Delphix Engine will not be forced to change their usernames. This is to simplify our software when deployed by an OEM vendor.
With each release, we evaluate certifying new operating systems, database versions, hypervisor versions and cloud instance types. In 5.3, we are certifying the following:
VMware ESX 6.7
Azure Instances D8v3, D16v3, D32v3
ASE 15.0.3 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.9