This topic describes the procedure for rewinding a VDB. A rewind re-provisions a VDB from itself at an earlier point in time. This can be useful for developers who may wish to review data at a point in time before a problem manifested itself. It is important to note that any changes after the point in time will be removed following rollback.
- To rewind a VDB, admin privileges are required.
- The VDB must be enabled.
- The target HANA system must be online.
- Login to the Delphix Management application.
- Under Datasets, select the VDB you want to rewind.
- On the Timeflow tab, select the VDB snapshot that you want to rewind to.
- Click the Rewind icon.
- Click Rewind to confirm.
Using Timeflow Bookmarks
You can use a TimeFlow bookmark as the rewind point when using the CLI. Bookmarks can be useful to:
- Mark where to rewind to – for example, before starting a batch job on a VDB
- Provide a semantic point to revert back to in case the chosen rewind point turns out to be incorrect.
For a CLI example using a TimeFlow bookmark, see CLI Cookbook: Provisioning a VDB from a TimeFlow Bookmark.