Delphix supports the ability for users to provide their own Oracle JDK for each host. This feature is intended for customers who have a Java license with Oracle and want to use a more recent version than the one that comes with Delphix. Note that the JDK is provided per node or host, not per cluster or environment. Initially when creating a cluster all hosts must have Java at the same absolute path. However, once the cluster has been discovered in Delphix each host's path can be adjusted.
For details about which versions of Oracle Java are supported see the Java Support Policy section below.
All Delphix environment users on the host require read and execute permissions on the provided JDK, its subfolders, and files.
Adding an Oracle JDK
By default, Delphix comes with the OpenJDK. To modify the JDK, follow the below steps:
1. Login to the Delphix Management application.
2. Click Manage.
3. Select Environments.
4. Click the Actions (...) menu next to Environments and select Add Environment.
5. In the Environment Settings tab, select the Provide my own JDK checkbox and select Next.
6. In the Java Development Kit tab, the currently selected JDK kit will be shown (default is OpenJDK). Provide an absolute path to the JDK root and click Next.
Select Reset to Default to reset your JDK to the OpenSource JDK (default).
7. Verify the configured JDK and environment settings and click Submit.
Updating a JDK Path
For existing environments users can add or update JDK paths by following the steps below:
1. Log into the Delphix Management application.
2. Select Manage > Environments.
3. Click on the name of an environment to view its basic information.
4. In the Details tab next to Java Development Kit, click the Pencil icon.
5. In the Java Development Kit dialog, provide an absolute path to the JDK root and click Next.
Do not place the JDK inside the Delphix Toolkit.
6. Click the Check icon to save your changes.
Java Support Policy
For each release of the Delphix engine, we will support Java version(s) depending on the available Java builds provided by Oracle in that time period. The following statements apply for Java support for specific Delphix versions:
- In accordance with our security policy, every six months, we will certify the latest update release of the currently supported LTS Oracle Java.
- We will support at least one commercially supported LTS release per Delphix version for 1 year, at which point we will update the minimum supported version.
- Introducing support for new LTS versions of Java will be considered and evaluated with each major version of Delphix.
- At least 1 year before Oracle ends support for an LTS version of Java, Delphix will also end support for that version and update to a newer LTS version.
Supported Operating Systems
This feature is supported with use for Linux, Solaris, and Windows environments, as described in the support matrix. We do not support Bring Your Own Oracle Java with AIX and HP-UX because those vendors provide us with a specific Java version to run on those hosts.
Only Java versions below are tested and certified by Delphix.
Java 8 u212
Delphix Toolkit Native Java Support Matrix
This matrix describes the supported versions of Java we package with the Delphix toolkit for each operating system. This is the default option if you do not use the feature to provide your own Java for each host.
Java 8 u212
IBM Java 220.127.116.116
HP Java 8.0.17
- Adding an Oracle Single Instance or RAC Environment
- Adding a SQL Server Standalone Target Environment
- Installing the Delphix Connector Service on Target Database Servers
- Adding an SAP ASE Environment
- Adding a PostgreSQL Environment
- Adding a Db2 Environment