There may be situations in which you want to migrate a virtual pluggable database (vPDB) to a new container database on the same or a different target environment, for example when upgrading the host on which the vPDB resides, or as part of a general data center migration. This is easily accomplished by first disabling the vPDB, then using the Migrate vPDB feature to select a new container database.
The current release only supports migrating from a vPDB in a virtual CDB, to another linked or virtual CDB using the CLI.
Attempts to perform this migration via GUI will fail with the following error:
The operation could not be completed because the virtual database “vPDB1" is disabled.
You should already set up and have Delphix discover a container database in the same environment as the vPDB currently is or from an environment to which the vPDB will be migrated to.
Login to your Delphix Management application.
- Click Manage.
- Select Datasets.
- Select the vPDB you want to migrate.
- From the Actions menu (...) select Disable.
- Click Disable to confirm.
- From the Actions menu (...) select Migrate.
- Select the new container database for the vPDB, the user for that environment, and the database installation where the container database of the vPDB will reside.
- Click the Migrate to confirm your selections.
- From the Actions menu (...) select Enable.
- Click Enable to confirm.
Your vPDB will re-start in the new environment, and you can continue to work with it as you would any other vPDB.
- Linking an Oracle Pluggable Database
- Provisioning an Oracle Virtual Pluggable Database
- Provision an Oracle VDB
- Discovering Oracle Pluggable Databases in an Oracle Environment
- Requirements for Oracle Target Hosts and Databases
- Customizing VDB File Mappings
- Customizing Oracle Management with Hook Operations