This topic describes how to provision from a replicated dSource or VDB. The process for provisioning from replicated objects is the same as the typical VDB provisioning process except for the need to first select the namespace containing the replicated object.
You must have done the following:
- replicated a dSource or a VDB to the target host, as described in Replication Overview
- added a compatible target environment on the target host as described in Provisioning Oracle VDBs: An Overview
- installed on the target host any toolkits which the replicated objects depend on
- Login to the Delphix Management application for the target host.
- Click Manage.
- Select Datasets.
- Select the replica that contains the dSource or VDB to be provisioned.
- The provisioning process is now identical to the process for provisioning standard objects.
Once the provisioning job has started, the user interface will automatically display the new VDB in the live system.