EBS Plugin version 2.3.2 introduces a new feature where user will not need to specify the source apps schema password in EBS DB hooks provision wizard. This password can now be pulled from a text file present on the target DB host which will be created automatically during DBTechStack provisioning.
Plugins to support EBS virtualization are not automatically included in the Virtualization Engine deployment and can be installed by the end-user after uploading the plugin through the Manage > Plugin screen.
Migration and Compatibility
Oracle SI dbTechStack and Database
- Oracle11gR2 v126.96.36.199
- Oracle12cR1 v188.8.131.52
Oracle EBS appsTier
- Single-node appsTier
- Multi-node appsTier with shared APPL_TOP
The Delphix Engine does not provide support for provisioning a multi-node appsTier where the APPL_TOP is not shared between nodes.
Supported Operating Systems
- Linux – SLES 9, 10, 11; RHEL 5, 6, 7, OL 5, 6
- Solaris – SPARC 9, 10, 11
- Advanced Interactive eXecutive (AIX) – See the matrix at the bottom of Oracle E-Business Suite Support Matrix.
Plugin/Delphix Engine Compatibility
Plugins should be installed on compatible Delphix Engines per the table below:
EBS 12.1 customers:
Plugin Upgrade Path
Path A - New plugin installation for EBS customers:
Upload 2.3.2 plugin for EBS 12.1 customers
Path B - Existing EBS customers with different plugin version:
For EBS 12.1 customers:
Recommended Upgrade Path to 2.3.2
Upgrade to 1.1.0 and follow the upgrade path below.
Upgrade to 1.2.0 and follow the upgrade path below.
Upgrade to 1.3.0 and follow the upgrade path below.
Upgrade to 2.0.0 and follow the upgrade path below.
Upgrade to 2.1.0 and follow the upgrade path below.
Upgrade to 2.2.0 and follow the upgrade path below.
|2.2.0||Upgrade to 2.3.0, 2.3.1, or 2.3.2 the latest version of EBS 12.1 customer.|
Example: Upgrade path for EBS 12.1 customer with existing Plugin version 1.1.0 who wants to upgrade to 2.3.1 Plugin version : 1.1.0 → 1.2.0 → 1.3.0 → 2.0.0 → 2.1.0 → 2.2.0 → 2.3.0 or 2.3.1 or 2.3.2
- Plugin 2.3.2 is a patch release that will support EBS-597 Delphix Hooks Password-Storing Apps password to file for EBS appsTier.
- Plugin 2.3.2 also will continue to support sudo privileges for virtualizing EBS appsTier only for EBS 12.1 customers.
- Customers can skip a patch plugin release upgrade if they intend to upgrade their plugin to a higher version. The Delphix Engine ignores patch versions when handling plugin upgrade logic. It only validates the major/minor plugin version during the plugin upgrade.
Unsupported EBS Versions and Features
- Oracle 19c MT
Support SSL enabled Environment
EBS plugin version 2.3.2 contains the following features and bug fixes:
Display port pool number in the error toolkit.ebs122-app-1-7-0.portPoolNotFreeError.
Delphix Hooks Password-Storing Apps password to file for EBS appsTier.
Changed apps password log file is generated in a different location other than target location.
EBS link operation fails when source EBS environment is linked with BYOOJ
|DLPX-69617||OperationRunnerImpl incorrectly assumes toolkit JDK always exists|