HANA Port Control
With this release, a solution has been introduced that keeps the port numbers consistent throughout the VDB life cycle so that the connections made to the VDBs are not disrupted during their life cycle.
Plugins to support HANA virtualization are not automatically included in the Virtualization Engine deployment and are installed by Delphix Professional Services or Technical Support. A support case can be opened requesting installation by following this link.
Migration and Compatibility
Supported DBMS Versions
(Standard and Enterprise Editions)
|Support Package Stack|
Supported Operating System
|Supported DBMS Version|
Supported OS Version
HANA 2.0 SPS 04
HANA 2.0 SPS 05
SUSE 12 SP 03
|SUSE 15 SP 02|
Plugin/Delphix Engine Compatibility
The plugin should be installed on compatible Delphix Engines per the table below:
|Lua-based plugin||vSDK-based Plugin|
- Multiple duplicate services are not supported in this release.
- Point-in-Time recovery of the HANA database is not possible.
- HANA 1.0 MDC and SDC configurations are not supported.
- Scale-out source and target environments are not supported.
- High isolation mode is not supported with this release.
- Partitioning is not supported with this release.
- V2P is not supported with this release.
- HANA Streaming Replication(HSR) or third-party backup tools are not supported with this release.
- More than one instance of the same HANA service is not supported with this release.
- Switching between the Staging Push to Pull model is not supported with this release.
Plugin Upgrade Path
Upgrade from HANA Direct (Lua-based) plugin to HANA Staged (VSDK-based) plugin is not supported.
To upgrade from the existing HANA Staged (VSDK-based) plugin follow the recommended path below.
Recommended upgrade path to 6.1.0
|Upgrade to 6.1.0 and follow the path below|
|6.1.0||Upgrade directly to 6.1.0|
The following issues are known to exist in this release:
Delphix Ticket Number
|Refresh/Disable not working after failed delete operation||Force delete the VDB. Manually remove the mount point|
|Undo Refresh operation after a failed Refresh job leads to 502 Bad gateway and management stack restart||None|
|Failed enable operation leaving a mount point and next delete operation creating a stale file handle||Manually remove the mount point|
|Mount Point change not detected by the plugin may lead to multiple mounts||Mount point not in use can be removed manually|
|Plugin loses control in case of user cancel operation.||Manual cleanup can be done in case the plugin leaves any tenant database/files on the VM|
|Refresh after a Force disable on a VDB fails with 'mount not empty' error||Manually remove the mount before proceeding with the Refresh|
|Stop/Start operation on a VDB post failed post_refresh hook fails with inappropriate error||None|
|dSource tenant database can be accessed and written onto||None|
|'test_force_disable_enable_vdb' fails across multiple images||None|
The following issue is fixed in this release:
Delphix Ticket Number
HANA SQL Port value should remain consistent for the life of VDB.