Welcome to the latest release of the Delphix Engine database virtualization system.
No new features are included in PostgreSQL plugin version 1.4.4. This release includes a bug fix(listed in this document towards the end).
Plugins to support PostgreSQL virtualization are not automatically included in the Virtualization Engine deployment and are installed by Delphix Professional Services or Technical Support. A Support case can be opened requesting installation by following this link.
Migration and Compatibility
|Supported DBMS Version|
|Supported OS Version|
(Open-source & EDB)
(Open-source & EDB)
where x represents the minor version.
- All the available PostgreSQL Database minor versions will be supported for the above-mentioned major versions.
- Make sure to install libncurses.5 or libncurses.6 in the host, for supporting RHEL and SUSE. You can refer KBA 5622 for actionable steps.
Plugin/Delphix Engine Compatibility
Plugins should be installed on compatible Delphix Engines per the table below:
The plugin versions from 1.0.1 till 1.3.2 are currently in extended support. Please reach out to Delphix customer support for any queries.
Currently, PostgreSQL Plugin 1.4.1 is not supported on SUSE 12.x.
Delphix Engine Version
Unsupported PostgreSQL Versions and Features
- PostgreSQL versions below 9.4 i.e (9.2, 9.3) are NOT supported by the plugin.
- It is not possible to access the staging server with PostgreSQL 9.4 and PostgreSQL 9.5 versions.
- Broadly there are two features that are not supported by the plugin:
- Unlogged Tables: All the tables which are not logged (unlogged) will not be supported by the Plugin.
- Point In Time recovery: Currently, the Plugin doesn’t support Point in Time recovery of the PostgreSQL database.
Plugin Upgrade Path
Path A - New Plugin installation for PostgreSQL customers:
- Upload 1.4.4 Plugin for PostgreSQL 9.4.x, 9.5.x, 9.6.x,10.x, 11.x, 12.x, and 13.x customers
Path B - Existing PostgreSQL customers with different Plugin versions:
Recommended Upgrade Path to 1.4.4
Upgrade to 1.1.0 and follow the upgrade path below.
Upgrade to 1.2.0 and follow the upgrade path below.
Upgrade to 1.3.0 and follow the upgrade path below.
|Upgrade to 1.4.1 or 1.4.2, 1.4.3, or 1.4.4 the latest plugin for PostgreSQL.|
For PostgreSQL customers with plugin version 1.0.1 or 1.0.2 interested in the External Backups feature:
Plugin upgrade path: 1.0.1 → 1.1.0 → 1.2.0 → 1.3.0 → 1.4.1/1.4.2/1.4.3/1.4.4
Plugin upgrade path 1.0.2 → 1.1.0 → 1.2.0 → 1.3.0 → 1.4.1/1.4.2/1.4.3/1.4.4
For PostgreSQL customers with Plugin version 1.1.0
Plugin upgrade path: 1.1.0 → 1.2.0 → 1.3.0 → 1.4.1/1.4.2/1.4.3/1.4.4
For PostgreSQL customer with Plugin version 1.2.0
Plugin upgrade path: 1.2.0 → 1.3.0 → 1.4.1/1.4.2/1.4.3/1.4.4
Upgrading Existing Objects
In order to upgrade the existing objects with 1.1.0 (i.e 1.0.1 → 1.1.0 or 1.0.2 → 1.1.0), just after the upgrade, it is mandatory to update below two parameters of dSource using the "custom Configuration" option on the UI :
- Source IP Address
- Source Port
A critical fault will show up on dSource just after the upgrade. It is because the engine is not able to find the source config from which dSource was created. As we have moved to manual discovery in this release, we need to mark this fault as resolved on the status tab of dSource.
PostgreSQL version 1.4.4 contains the following bug fix:
Error Handling for Authentication Failure in