This topic describes how to add and delete groups within the Delphix Domain.
User terminology for Delphix Admin has been changed to Engine Admin.
The default domain user created on Delphix Engines is now admin instead of delphix_admin. When engines created before 5.3.1 are upgraded to 5.3.1 or later they will retain their old username 'delphix_admin'. To avoid complications Delphix recommends creating users with an admin role and then Disabling delphix_admin.
Adding a Group
- Log into the Delphix Management application.
- From the Manage menu, select Datasets.
- Select the plus icon and then select Add Dataset Group.
- Enter a Group Name and an optional description.
- Click Add.
At Least One Group Must Exist
At least one group must always exist on the Delphix Engine in order to link a dSource. If you delete the last group, you will need to create a new group in order to create a dSource.
Deleting a Group
- Log into the Delphix Management application as a user with Engine Admin privileges or group OWNER privileges for the target group.
- From the Datasets panel, select the target group.
- Click the Trash Can icon.
- Click Delete.
Deleting Groups Containing Objects
A group cannot be deleted if it contains VDBs or dSources. All databases within a group must be deleted prior to deleting the group.