Adding a New System Administrator
- Launch the Setup application.
- From the Dashboard select the + icon located in the Users card next to the filter field.
- Enter the required information.
- Click Save.
Deleting and Suspending System Administrators
- Launch the Delphix Setup application and log in using the sysadmin (or another system administrator) credentials.
- In the User panel, click the user you want to suspend or delete.
- Suspend the user by clicking the pause icon (
- Once the user has been paused you can delete the user by clicking the trash can.
- From the Delete User dialog select Delete.
Suspending the sysadmin User
The sysadmin user is a required user for the Delphix Engine. This user cannot be deleted but can be suspended. Suspending the sysadmin user prevents that user from being able to log into Delphix Setup or to the console via ssh.
Reinstating System Administrators
- Launch the Delphix Setup application and login using system administrator credentials.
- In the User panel, click on the name of the user you want to reinstate.
- Reinstate the user by clicking the enable user icon (
Changing System Administrator Passwords
- Launch the Delphix Setup application and log in using sysadmin level credentials.
- In the User panel, click the user whose password you want to change.
- Select the Edit icon.
- Enter the new password fields.
- Click Save.
Adjust Session Timeout (Command-Line Only)
Configuring session timeout for System Setup users is not available in the GUI. As such, the only method is via CLI using the commands below.
Delphix> user Delphix user> select sysadmin Delphix user 'sysadmin'> ls Properties type: User name: sysadmin apiUser: true authenticationType: NATIVE emailAddress: firstname.lastname@example.org enabled: true firstName: (unset) homePhoneNumber: (unset) isDefault: true lastName: (unset) locale: en-US mobilePhoneNumber: (unset) passwordUpdateRequest: NONE principal: sysadmin publicKey: (empty) reference: USER-1 sessionTimeout: 30min userType: SYSTEM workPhoneNumber: (unset) Operations delete update disable enable updateCredential Delphix user 'sysadmin'> update Delphix user 'sysadmin' update *> set sessionTimeout=180 Delphix user 'sysadmin' update *> commit