This patch release contains an enhancement that allows the
create_backup_metadata.sh script to be executed in a non-interactive mode as well.
Plugins to support HANA virtualization are not automatically included in the Virtualization Engine deployment and are installed by Delphix Professional Services or Technical Support. A support case can be opened requesting installation by following this link.
Migration and Compatibility
Supported DBMS Versions
(Standard and Enterprise Editions)
|Support Package Stack|
Supported Operating System
|Supported DBMS Version|
Supported OS Version
HANA 2.0 SPS 04
HANA 2.0 SPS 05
SUSE 12 SP 03
|SUSE 15 SP 02|
Plugin/Delphix Engine Compatibility
The plugin should be installed on compatible Delphix Engines per the table below:
|Lua-based plugin||vSDK-based Plugin|
- Multiple duplicate services are not supported in this release.
- Point-in-Time recovery of the HANA database is not possible.
- HANA 1.0 MDC and SDC configurations are not supported.
- Scale-out source and target environments are not supported.
- High isolation mode is not supported with this release.
- Partitioning is not supported with this release.
- V2P is not supported with this release.
- Although the staging Push solution is generic and should work with HSR. But for this release, we have not validated the solution with HANA Streaming Replication(HSR).
- Third-party backups tools are not supported with Pull based ingestion mechanism.
- More than one instance of the same HANA service is not supported with this release.
- Switching between the Staging Push to Pull model is not supported with this release.
Plugin Upgrade Path
Upgrade from HANA Direct (Lua-based) plugin to HANA Staged (VSDK-based) plugin is not supported.
To upgrade from the existing HANA Staged (VSDK-based) plugin follow the recommended path below.
Recommended upgrade path to 6.1.1
|Upgrade to 6.1.0 and follow the path below|
|6.1.0||Upgrade directly to 6.1.0 or 6.1.1|
The following issues are known to exist in this release:
Delphix Ticket Number
|Refresh/Disable not working after failed delete operation||Force delete the VDB. Manually remove the mount point|
|Undo Refresh operation after a failed Refresh job leads to 502 Bad gateway and management stack restart||None|
|Failed enable operation leaving a mount point and next delete operation creating a stale file handle||Manually remove the mount point|
|Mount Point change not detected by the plugin may lead to multiple mounts||Mount point not in use can be removed manually|
|Plugin loses control in case of user cancel operation.||Manual cleanup can be done in case the plugin leaves any tenant database/files on the VM|
|Refresh after a Force disable on a VDB fails with 'mount not empty' error||Manually remove the mount before proceeding with the Refresh|
|Stop/Start operation on a VDB post failed post_refresh hook fails with inappropriate error||None|
|dSource tenant database can be accessed and written onto||None|
|'test_force_disable_enable_vdb' fails across multiple images||None|
The following issues are fixed in this release:
Delphix Ticket Number
|CTCHANA-1661||v126.96.36.199 create_backup_metadata.sh needs ability to run non-interactively|
|CTCHANA-1667||HANA Recovery failure on staging host yields difficult to decipher error|