Requirements for SQL Server Validated Sync Target Environments
Each SQL Server target environment used for validated sync must meet these requirements:
- Only standalone target environments can be used as validated sync target environments. Windows Failover Cluster target environments and SQL Server Failover Cluster instances cannot be used.
- The SQL Server instance must be the same version as the instance hosting the source database. For more information about compatibility between different versions of SQL Server, see SQL Server Support Matrix
- The owner of the SQL Server instances on the target environment that are used for the staging databases must have SMB read access to the location containing the backup images of the source databases
- If the source database is backed up with third-party backup software like LiteSpeed or Red Gate SQL Backup Pro, you must install the backup software on both the source and the validated sync environment. For backup software compatibility requirements, see
Add the Validated Sync Environment
The order is important. Add the validated sync environment as the first step in setting up the SQL Server topology.
- From the machine that you want to use as a target, start a browser session and connect to the Delphix Management application.
- Click Manage.
- Select Environments.
- Next to Environments, click the Actions menu and select Add Environment.
- In the Add Environment wizard Host and Server tab, select:
- Host OS: Windows
- Host Type: Target.
- Server Type: Standalone.
- Click Next.
- In the Environment Settings tab click the download link for the Delphix Connector Installer.
The Delphix Connector will download to your local machine.
On the Windows machine that you want to want to use as a target, run the Delphix Connector installer. Click Next to advance through each of the installation wizard screens.
The installer will only run on 64-bit Windows systems. 32-bit systems are not supported.
- For Connector Configuration, make sure there is no firewall in your environment blocking traffic to the port on the target environment that the Delphix Connector service will listen to.
- For Select Installation Folder, either accept the default folder, or click Browse to select another.
- Click Next on the installer final 'Confirm Installation' dialog to complete the installation process and then Close to exit the Delphix Connector Install Program.
- Return to the Delphix Management application.
- Enter the Environment Name, Host Address, Delphix Connector Port, OS Username, and OS Password for the target environment.
- To provide your own Oracle Java select the Provide my own JDK checkbox and click Next.
- In the Java Development Kit tab enter the absolute path to your Oracle JDK and click Next.
- Click Submit.
As the new environment is added, you will see two jobs running in the Delphix Admin Job History, one to Create and Discover an environment, and another to Create an environment. When the jobs are complete, you will see the new environment added to the list in the Environments panel.